British Columbia

The next day was a good day, I captured my favourite photo of the trip and possibly my most perfect photo to date, but more on that in a couple paragraphs. The first place we visited was Joffre Lakes Provincial Park, about 50 minutes north east of Whistler. Due to the time of year the provincial park was closed, however like the other visitors there we just parked in the driveway and walked around the gate. Since the park was now unmaintained, the paths were not plowed, shoveled, salted, or anything and were a little slippery in places, I think this discouraged some in my family and we only ended up walking to the first lake. Yes, barely into the park at all. So I only managed these two shots of the lower lake. My mistake here was asking everyone if they would mind me taking the dolls out, they said yes they would mind and that we should move on to the next place instead. So I didn’t get any photos of the girls here.

Lower Joffre Lake Fisheye view of Lower Joffre Lake

I have to admit I did a poor job capturing the scenery at Joffre lakes. It felt a lot more magical when I was there than it appears in the photos. It was super quiet, and the snow softened everything you saw. The mist moved slowly across the lake and the overall view felt so much more secluded and enclosed. There was a park bench right at the edge of the lake where you could sit down and enjoy it, wish I’d done so a bit longer.

Perfect shot at Duffey Lake.

Next we visited Duffey Lake, about an hour north east of Whistler (10-15 minutes past Joffre Lakes). The lake was like a sheet of glass, there was no wind at all, and it was perfectly flat forever. It was like a painting, it was too perfect. Luckily I got my shots out before some assholes started throwing rocks in the water causing ripples that would go on forever. Which, while neat to see, really ruined any photos after that for quite some time.

Enjoying the view together.

Alice and Horo <3

Alice stares down the camera Stop looking at the camera Alice! Besties

I decided to make use of this time by setting up Horo and Alice while waiting for the ripples to subside so I could get a shot of these two in this perfect location. Learning from my previous mistake, I didn’t ask if my family would mind, I just took them out. Once again my family grew bored with the waiting and moved themselves towards the rental Jeep Compass we had, which oddly, did not have a compass installed anywhere in it. What a huge oversight on Jeeps part. Anyway, once again I felt somewhat rushed because of this and didn’t take the time to pose carefully or get some better angles. Never the less, the location was too perfect to mess up so photos turned out anyway.

Page 3 of 612345Last »

Comments

Well, I’m glad you had a safe trip… and that you were able to get some nice shots.

BC is somewhere else that I have not been that I would like to see.

I hope this doesn’t come out wrong, but it makes me feel better to know that somewhere else in the developed world besides the US has been known to have donked-up air travel service from time to time (sorry it happened to you though).

Let’s see some more Horo shots.

Oh and shooting targets is a great activity. Once, one of my friends had explosive targets.
    Those were cool, but I didn’t mess with those. I just looked-on and enjoyed.

Oh and check ye Skype account… I think I have a couple things still floating in the ether for you (at least it says I do).

British Columbia was awesome, I think I would move out there if given the opportunity.

All Airlines screw up, I just hope they screw up for others instead of me in the future lol

I posted all the Horo shots I took really. Didn’t get that much of a chance to take more. 🙁

I always forget to login to that Skype account (I have two). Do you use Google Hangouts at all? I’m on there everywhere always. Much better place to get a hold of me. You can add me using the email address on the about page of this site.

Never used Google Hangouts… getting to where I am less than trusting of Google.

May have to look into though… Will try and leave myself on Skype for a while (just in case you decide to log in).

Can’t wait to see your final product on your other Horo costume as soon as it is done.

2. Smithy says:

Those are some gorgeous photos of the landscape & those lakes in British Columbia. Love the shots of Horo & Alice with those gorgeous backgrounds, great stuff. ^^

😀

I really need to go back and get some more. There was so much unexplored territory and missed photo opportunities.

3. azed says:

hi,
    looking for informations after stumbling on these lovely pictures (https://secure.flickr.com/photos/91377333@N03/sets/72157632602236755/), I was “following” your “quest” to ultimate dollfie horo and spending some time reading your adventures on dollfiedreams.com (lol at the “copy accident”, the daughter thing….yeah a bit scary :)) and on reddit.
    So I have a good laugh when looking at your (beautiful) report and seeing a new friend to horo which immediately remind me of this http://www.dollfiedreams.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=6418&start=30#p98395.
    (Anyway you have good taste sir, because Alice is freaking gorgeous…) Well at least they had some good points there sometimes…

It would seem I missed your comment until now! I apologize for that!

Ah yes, the copy incident. What a mistake, I definitely learned a lesson there. Don’t use the word “copy” with the Dollfie crowd, it’s the worst word in existence. I haven’t actually met anyone who openly uses the word daughter to refer to their dolls, usually just ‘girls’, like, “here are my girls”. I can accept that, I’ve started to use it too.

As for that link… yeah… yeah… I’ll just eat my words, I was so very wrong. But I can attribute some of that change of heart to an aspect of that comment. In it I said I had too many expensive hobbies, after building Horo, I pretty much didn’t order another figure for 8 months, only recently ordering a figure because it was 81% off. So I’ve almost dropped one of those hobbies which made room for Alice. So, while I can’t stand by every word I said, there was still some truth in it.

And there’s another aspect to it as well, but I addressed that in my post specifically about Alice.

Again, sorry I didn’t reply until now!