I’ve become a father! No wait… I’m building mai waifu? This is creepy… I bought (most of) a doll

A couple weeks ago I attended a (somewhat) local doll meet with the intention of deciding whether or not I should get into the hobby. It wasn’t long after that I’d decided and threw down some of my hard earned cash.

Twelve dolls were on display at the meetup, many of which were catered to my interests in one way or another, either deliberately or accidentally. I’d been hanging out on #DollfieDream on IRC as well as conversing with PlasticFantastic ahead of time trying to decide many things, such as the basics of the hobby as well as which heads and bodies I preferred. Through this, and the help of those coming to the meet, they brought some of the things I was interested in. This was both extremely helpful and quite damning, there was no out at this point, I was all in. PlasticFantastic put the nail in the coffin with the combination of Airy’s head, a DDS body, and Mashiro’s ears and tail. It wasn’t fair! There’s no way I could have resisted, she doesn’t play fair!

building-mai-waifu-01

That’s my favourite shot including Airy/Mashiro clinging to glasses girl adorably. But here’s a shot of all the dolls in attendance. Both shots are courtesy of archangeli. I guess I was just a little bit too shy to take a lot of photos.

building-mai-waifu-02

The only shot I took that’s worth posting.

building-mai-waifu-03

Now for the creepy photos… Body parts… So many hands…

building-mai-waifu-04building-mai-waifu-05

Some astute viewers might notice there isn’t a head in the photos. This is because I’m waiting on an 07 head and so far missing out or not willing to spend the premium required currently. At any rate, I’m building a doll, and hopefully when I’m done she’ll look like Horo.

PS: Yes, that’s a WS part in there, but it matters not! It wont be visible.

Comments

1. hamstercorp says:

You’ve entered a world I am scared to do so. (How brave, like a retiring pope!)

I mean, I like having money and all.

Everyone’s been super nice and helpful. I don’t know what was so scary about it before hand. Probably really just the cost as you mention.

… Though it’s not the most expensive thing I’ve purchased recently. But that’s for another post.

2. Tian says:

That looks like something a serial killer would have.

Seriously though, Dexter season 1.

3. Menroko says:

For some reason, i more interested on that Miku poster on the last picture.
    Anyway, I wish your dol….. i mean waifu turns out beautiful.

4. Poiyo says:

You got all the hands! They sorta look like giant Figma hands.

Looking forward to the final build 😀

They kind of are like giant figma hands, they have bigger hands too. These are the standard, but they have large hands which are more to scale, but kinda look manly in proportion.

I didn’t get ALL the hands though… Just many.

5. Quazacolt says:

grats on the doll parts…

there’s no turning back now 😛

ps: i’m eyeing on some seamless silicone skinned dolls myself… but at a full month of my salary (i can’t survive on oxygen alone unfortunately 🙁 ) for JUST the body… sigh LOL

Originally I wanted the silicone dolls, but turns out they’re not for me. The maintenance on them is more involved and their heads aren’t as good. So Dollfie it is.

• Quazacolt says:

the heads can definitely be modified to fit, but yes as you said, maintenance can be a pain to keep the silicone from attracting dust/become sticky

and of course costing 2-3 times more compared to normal dollfies is a problem by itself