Quickie 2.173: Horo on my couch

Had a little time tonight so I thought I’d pull out my Wacom for the first time in probably well over a year and do a little ‘shoppery. I didn’t spend a lot of time trying to make her look perfect but for a quickie I think this is good enough.

Update (2012-06-29): Decided to try and fix up the shadow a bit. I think it’s an improvement, perhaps still not perfect, perhaps worse in ways? But overall an improvement. The original can be seen below.

Update (2012-06-30): Thanks to @Iwasawafag on Twitter for pointing out the tiniest of issues with Ver2. Because of that I decided to try and fix everything I could in Ver3. Did I miss anything? Ver3 is now the header, Ver2 can be found here. Original is still below.

Comments

1. Excellent job, you even got her shadow blended in with the right lighting and colour balance!

Thanks!

Part of that was taking the pictures under the same lighting conditions and doing the adjustments after combining the two photos. However if you look at the shadow next to the couch vs Horo’s shadow, they are different colours. I hadn’t even thought to match them. Additionally, I should have sat on the couch in the same place as Horo to create an indentation so she appeared to have weight. Oh well next time when I’ve got more time.

2. Quazacolt says:

good job (Y)

From my cell phone, it looks very nice!

Oh to walk in on her like that at my place. *sigh*

If they made a (better) sexy nude Horo lying on a bed type pose, I’d have done that. Global’s wasn’t worth the minor effort.

4. Tenkaminari says:

I seriously thought that you got a 1/1 Horo

Perhaps I should have made no mention of photoshoppery until called out on it? haha

… I hope they never release a 1/1 Horo, I’d be so broke.

If I had missed a 1/1, and you hadn’t told me, there would have been a serious problem.

I know you wouldn’t have done that to me… you wouldn’t take that kind of risk.

I’m not so sure man, if there were extremely limited quantities, I’d totally purchase/pre-order before I told anyone.

5. Pretty good actually! The shadow is a bit soft but not bad, really. Now if only Holo really were on the couch… *wishful thinking*

Thanks! Yeah, had I spent more time actually looking at the rest of the image and comparing the shadow properly I’d have known to keep a harder edge as well as a different colour. But overall I was pretty pleased.

I enjoy that everyone seems to wish Horo was on my couch 😉

Not so much that she “is” on YOUR couch… it’s more imagining her being real and on a couch.

If she were on your couch, the more apropos description would be envy. 😉

• Yes, I meant I wish she were on MY couch. Maybe we could each get her one day. Wait, that sounds a bit weird… oh well ^^;

Being the possessive person I think I am, I would not be sharing her with you guys. And I would hope she didn’t wish to be shared either.

I agree, I would not share either! I am NOT sorry to say that.

6. Tenkaminari says:

I like the original one better.

Judging by the shadow on Horo’s nose, it seems that the light is coming directly above her head.
    If there are 2 light sources, one directly above her and one in middle of the room, I think her shadow on the wall wouldn’t so clear.

Maybe it is better to try taking photo of Horo again with light source approximately the same distance as the middle of the room

I only used the natural light in the room for both shots. The lights were all in the same locations and she was on the couch. The issue is her size, being small the light hits her at different angles, seemingly from much higher up. I tried by best to compensate for what I could by taking her picture while on the couch so that the black sheen of the couch would look more at home around her. But I did take her photo more on the left side of the couch than the middle where she ended up. And she was angled slightly due to the curvature of the couch.

As for the shadow on the wall, I followed the shadow to the left of the couch for reference. Her head of course being further away I blurred more, but perhaps not enough? I also shifted her head’s shadow slightly as it wouldn’t follow in line with the edge of the couch due to the distance differential.

The main source of light comes from dead centre in the ceiling of the room.

7. 龙龙Fred says:

What a good room~~

8. Bob says:

Oh, is that a Keito Koume poster? It’s Horo right? Where did you get it?

Most definitely is Koume Keito. I got her printed, I purchased the book the original image came in, scanned it in and enlarged it and had a company print it out for me. I’ve got a couple, been meaning to write something up on that.