On Order: Alter Dizzy

Epic. Not sure how else to describe her. I may not like her, but passing her up would be poor judgement on my part.

Her boobs are too big, her tail isn’t attractive reminding me of a dinosaur, and her costume rather skanky. But those things attached to her back totally make this figure. Vaguely reminding me of Holybell from Oh!/Ah! My Goddess, Undine sits on Dizzy’s left and Necro reminding me of the Grim Reaper to her right. Like an exaggerated personification of her conscience, Undine the good and Necro the bad. It’s because of these two this figure is worth while to me.

I’m interested in knowing just what type of base Alter plans for Dizzy, I always like these clear acrylic discs they use, but often manufacturers replace them with rather gaudy coloured things that look enormously cheap and draw too much attention away from the figure. Also interesting to note, AmiAmi where I ordered her from, doesn’t seem to be advertising her as a discount, though still having the cheapest price I’ve seen. Error on their part?

Tier tells me that I can also mention most of Dizzy’s moves are long-range, keep-away type attacks. I guess that means she comes from a fighting game. Guilty Gear, isn’t that the same game Bridget comes from? Ah Bridget, my first trap, you always remember your first don’t you.

At any rate, Dizzy’s 1/8th scale and approximately 31cm tall with Necro’s wing sticking up as it does. More info at MFC as per usual.

1. Xenockky says:

Yep, you got it, Bridget and Dizzy are both from GG. [A fantastic series IMHO]. I’m a huge fan of said series so she is a must-have.

I agree with you tho; the pseudo-bondage gear and tail don’t do anything for me- it’s the wings that are her main attraction. In the games the wings have a lot of personality- Undine will scold Dizzy mid-battle, Necro will punch opponents while Dizzy isn’t looking, etc. I’m happy to see some of that personality reflected in this figure. I do very much like her hair and face, love blue + red hair/eye combos.

On a side note, sort of a strange time to release a Dizzy figure [not that I’m complaining!!]- last GG installment was Overture some 2 or 3 years ago, and Blazblue is Aksys’ focus these days.

That’s kind of funny Undine and Necro would do things like that. Does it make her a harder character to use because of it? angering people that need not be angered more? Or do they just add to her damage?

Yeah I kind of wondered what was up with a Dizzy release as well. Oh well, so long as they don’t release a Bridget.

• Xenockky says:

Typically they just add to her damage, but it’s slightly humiliating on some vague level to be punched not by an actual character, but by said character’s sentient appendage. That said, it’s amusing to watch. In regards to her difficulty level, I suppose you could say she’s easy to play but difficult to master.

AWW come on Overture wasn’t THAT bad xD. I play it with my brother all the time- the co-op at least was fun. The storyline was complete whack, but hey- GG always had a crazy storyline. Overture WAS the only installment where I wanted to punch Ky in the face though….

• Tier says:

I’ll have to take your word for that, I never did buy it or play it since I didn’t like the plot synopsis I read and none of the reviews I’ve seen of it have been all that enthusiastic. To me, Guilty Gear pretty much stops at #Reload, which is still one of my top three or four favorite fighting games.

2. Tier says:

She does look amazing indeed. I’m glad to see Dizzy getting a lot of love, since she’s one of my favorite video game characters. Now we just need to get Daisuke Ishiwatari to retcon Guilty Gear Overture from the series canon.

What was wrong with Guilty Gear Overture?

Side note: The dinosaur-like tail keeps reminding me of Raoul Duke from Fear and Loathing in Los Vegas.

• Tier says:

You ought to see what her tail can transform into.

There’s a lot of circumstantial evidence in Overture that Dizzy is married, had a son, and is in something of a distressed state. I choose to ignore the existence of this game, but it’d be nice to have it made official.

You almost wish Necro was wielding a Scythe looking at how his arm is posed, but I’m sure that would add all sorts of balance problems and this figure probably has plenty to start with…

I would hope that Alter’s got that figured out, I’d hate for her to lean. Though I almost think every figure will lean in time… 🙁

“and her costume rather skanky. But those things attached to her back totally make this figure.”

I was torn over ordering her or not because of how scantily dressed she is and because I don’t directly know this character. But oh man…those wings are simply amazing, they grabbed my eyes like no other figure has since Alter’s Gwen. Also after reading some background on the character I decided her story is interesting. But it’s likely she is going to be the most provocative figure in my collection. I’ll be putting her on a shelf just below eye level to fully appreciate those wings…and to not have overwhelming views of her bottom. I’m guessing she is wearing a thong from her behind view?

I can only imagine she’s wearing a thong as well. And some how I suspect her bum will be tightly clasped together so that it looks bare. But I could be wrong. I also suspect the waistband of it will be under her tail.

I don’t mind that she’s scantily clad so much, it’s more than her choice of scantily clad clothing doesn’t appeal to me, or perhaps her body type in such clothing doesn’t.

• lovelyduckie says:

I like Yoko’s outfit from Gurren Lagann despite her barely being covered. To be honest this Dizzy has more of her body covered than the majority of my Yoko figures. I DO like that Dizzy’s outfit is off the shoulders, I think in general it makes any outfit look a bit more elegant. But that could just be because of how obsessed I was in my childhood with Belle’s (Beauty and the Beast) yellow dress. I’d like it if her bottoms had just a bit more material to them. Her large boobs don’t bother me but I’m wondering about what those white points on them are supposed to be…besides emphasizing that she is a woman with breasts and therefor probably also has nipples.

Interesting to be obsessed with Belle’s yellow dress, not something I would have associated with someones childhood.

I tend to like the visible shoulders as well but it often depends on execution and in Dizzy’s instance it’s not super attractive to me.

You’re probably right, just her nipples.

5. radiant says:

I’ve been interested in a sweet Dizzy figure for a long time now. But surprisingly, now that one is coming, I’m more on the fence about it than I thought I would be. Probably because of the surmounting number of figures I now own. Damn. Should probably order her anyway, despite it being physically impossible to display her.

You really should, she looks far more unique than many figures and being Alter will be well produced no doubt!

6. Tenkaminari says:

This one is truly amazing, as expected from Alter. I nearly ordered one for myself too, even though I never watch this anime.

But the main reason for me not to order this, is the weight problem. Those wings-like angel and grim reaper look too heavy to be attached to her back like that, especially the grim reaper. Not sure if it will bend in after display for a while or not.

Perhaps I will consider again after reading more reviews.

7. I totally ignored this figure for the first couple of weeks. I wanted to try and cut back on my figure spending this year. I’m not really a big Dizzy fan, but the more I look at this, the more I liked it as a piece of art. I think the sculptor did a really good job with this version of Dizzy.

That tail does look a little thick though and kind of awkward if you stare at it long enough, not sure why.

Knowing Alter, the base she’ll come with will probably be a plain white rectangle base. lol

I’m trying to cut back on spending as well. I’m considering never making a pre-order at this point because everything I order goes on sale 50% off etc… haha

Dizzy’s tail has always looked like that though, so it’s done correctly.

8. Guy says:

I got the PC GG game in order to see what all the hype is about…

This figure looks amazing, but I neither have the room to display it, not the inclination to spend all that money on it. I’d love to have it were someone else willing to pay though! 😀

I’d love to have many things if others were willing to pay.

I’m not interested in trying out the game. I barely play more than Gran Turismo 5.