On Order: Good Smile Company Tohsaka Rin (Unlimited Blade Works Ver.)

Stalked AmiAmi tonight waiting for the exact moment Tohsaka Rin went up for order, then hit it like Panty hit the entire football team in episode two.

FINALLY!!! Jesus Christ Good Smile Company, could you have taken any longer getting Tohsaka Rin to pre-order? How long ago did you showcase her in protoform for the first time? two? three? maybe four decades ago? it sure as hell feels like it. Regardless, I thank you for bringing focus back to Tohsaka Rin, far too many (though wonderful) Saber figures. Rin needs love too! I hope this starts a trend of further Rin figures in various states of dress and undress with varying flavours of garments and undergarments. In fact, it was brought to my attention this poster at the recently held Mega Hobby Expo might indicate yet another Rin figure on the horizon. Here’s hoping!

Rin’s had what seems like so many different iterations over the decades between protoform and pre-order that I sort of wonder what’s going to arrive in June of 2011. Yes, I’m already assuming she’ll be delayed by at least one month past her ‘late May-2011’ release date. I think Rin’s bum looks a bit large from some angles which isn’t exactly unappealing, but I do like a bit smaller of a bum. That said, if Rin asked me if that skirt made her ass look big, I would most certainly tell her “Of course not! Your ass is fucking perfect, can I touch it now?” Also her legs seem soooo long, so long I should be put off by their length but instead quite the opposite. Those are some damn fine legs. Well, I’ll stop there or I’ll end up writing a review on just the promo pics alone. But I’ll say this, if Rin looks like this when I receive her. Best. Rin. Ever. Though, I’ll still love you circa 2005 Good Smile Company Tohsaka Rin.

Rin’s 1/7th scale, 26.5 cm tall, sculpted by Yokota Ken, will retail for ¥8,800 / $107 CAD (Though I ordered at ¥6,540 from AmiAmi) and will likely be delayed but is expected to be released late May 2011. More info as always can be found at MyFigureCollection.Net.

Mmm… Grade-S zettai ryouiki

Man, that skirt is digging its way to China through Rin’s buttcrack — she must be standing in a hurricane!

Btw, how are you liking Panty & Stocking so far? Personally, I’m amazed at how much I’m enjoying my weekly doses of this crude, crude piece of work. It’s kind of the anime equivalent of Springer in its unabashed catering to the basest of appeals. You’d think I’d have grown out of barf/poo/boogers jokes, but P&S seems to suggest otherwise.

I’d dig my way… never mind.

I hate the show, it has so few redeeming values, I’ve only watched as far as I have because friends keep talking about it and I feel I should be part of the ‘in’ crowd.

I suppose I do get a bit of a kick out of how much of a slut Panty is.

2. Tier says:

I was thinking Saber Alter and Dizzy would be duking it out for my favorite figure of next year, but now I’m thinking Rin’s gonna have something to say about that, too. She’s looking incredible; I really wish GSC would do more stuff like this rather than, oh, I dunno, that nendoroid stuff, maybe.

I have no idea what’s going to be my favourite… Rin’s sexy as hell though and she’ll definitely be near the top unless someone comes out of left field with some pretty amazing sculpts.

… fuckin’ gremlins…

(Note: is this the first post I’ve swore in? I mean I’ve said ass, but… the rest?)

3. Aka says:

Commenting on my own post but whatever…

The more I look at those pictures… seriously one of the better sets GSC has produced I think. Everytime I look at them I’m captivated by their colours, the dark reds in the background are amazing.

4. Ex14 says:

I really would have gotten this…..if nto for a certain plan >_> well hopefully when that plan falls thru she’s still up for preorder….along with kirino’s Nendo

5. Fabienne says:

Rin is my favorite character from the FSN franchise.
    This figure of her looks very pretty =D
    I like her flowing hair and the way her skirt snuggles on her butt.
    I fully understand why you preorder her as soon as possible

Well, there is some time until the release date , so I think I will wait some months with my order.
    I guess she will be still available then.

As she should be! Rin’s great and she’s not an annoying tsundere either, she’s quite a good mix.

Definitely some time… 6 months at least. There’s really no reason to pre-order as soon as I did, it wont help get her to my door any quicker than anyone else, especially since I’ll likely ship her SAL. But it made me feel good, got it out of the way and I don’t have to worry now.

I’m kind of hoping she sells out, not to spite people who are waiting (ok maybe a little), but I want Rin to sell well, I want more Rin figures.

6. Definitely one of the most anticipated figures for next year. Must. Get.

If you do not, I will come and visit you. It will not be pleasant, shattered knees never are…. lol

I really wonder why they waited, why release so many Saber figures in a row, why not one Saber, maybe 2 Sabers, then Rin, then Saber again?

7. rook says:

hehe pretty cool fig ^__^. The price is not bad also. But there is still plenty of time for me to check more for GSC’s future works before this one to decide. Also i think this girl wont get sold out after the release so still have time lol ^__^

I sure hope she gets sold out, but that seems rare these days for a GSC figure. I want her to sell out immediately, because in my mind that means other companies will take notice and think to themselves… hey Rin, she’s pretty popular. Perhaps we should make more Rin figures.

8. pilipok says:

it probably will get delayed and another round of preordering will be up. jus hope the actual product is want we seen in the photos.
    dun lack a command seal or 2 when she arrive lol

I wouldn’t mind if she were lacking the seal on her hand. Mainly because I’d like GSC to provide both seals, the original and one from an illustration, the one in the illustration is much better I think that the one they’ve put on her hand.

9. pilipok says:

putting aside the command seal,
    i m still amaze how she can stand.
    wonder where her CG(center of gravity)is?

also rather to have another rin coming out
    i would personally like a Archer to be made so he can stand behind her
    total replica of the movie poster

They’re pretty good at using different densities of plastics or different types of plastics for various different parts. I wouldn’t be surprised if her leg was a very dense PVC or ABS plastic to keep her sturdy and straight.

I would love for an Archer figure to stand behind her. I have absolutely no male characters, and feel like nearly 90 females is a bit much, I need a guy in there somewhere.

I pre-ordered her, the only way this figure would be an better if it was really true the original illustration and Archer was on the base too. I’d pay twice as much to get Archer there too 🙂

I wouldn’t mind of Archer was produced as a separate figure, but I do agree he needs to be there to make it complete. That said, Rin’s sexy.

• lovelyduckie says:

A separate figure would be wonderful too. Instant pre-order as long as he is represented as well as Rin here. And after that…I think it’s high time GSC made another Rider figure of her in her battle outfit.

A good Rider would be nice for sure. Not sure if I’d buy, but if it were good, I’d definitely be seriously considering it.