On Order: Alter Tainaka Ritsu

Ritsu, the one and only K-On girl I plan to purchase and she comes with drums! Guitars are so over done these days, drums are in.

Ritsu was really the only character on K-On I actually liked, Mio was boring, Yui was just crazy though her sister was fine, Mugi’s eyebrows are obscene and Azunyan was a killjoy. Though the best character of all remains Sawako-sensei, or rather “Katherine” as her stage name apparently was, but she was a secondary character. At any rate, the most unique thing about Ritsu is her drums, I suspect many people will be ordering her because of them, myself included. Ritsu on her own is rather bland, as are all the girls in their school attire, but throw in their instruments they become a little more exciting, but everyone has guitars. I’ve never seen drums on a figure before, they probably exist but I’ve never seen them.

Ritsu’s sculpted by Numakura Toshiaki in the standard 1/8th, she’s pricy at ¥9,800 / $120 CAD but discounts drop that to ¥7,820 / $96 CAD. It already feels like I’ve been waiting for this figure forever, but she wont be arriving anytime before February 2011 unfortunately.

More Info.

Comments

1. rook says:

yeah her instrument is great and unique lol ^__^. Also will get her to join a rest. However, her price gives me a little hurt though =__=, i thought she’ll be about 8000yen…. totally fail…

She is about ¥8,000 after the usual discounts at retailers. Though with the current exchange rate that is still tough to swallow.

2. flyzice says:

I like it when you say drums are the in thing. I like Ritsu. I have her Nendoroid, and would love to have this Alter version but she’s pricy. T.T

Percussion is always much more fun!

4. IshokuOsero says:

I certainly feel like I’ve been waiting for her forever, too. But having her come out in Feb works much better for me, considering I’ve had sudden changes in life lately that involve me needing to save cash quickly. So I’m glad she’s not out at the end of this year with all the other orders I have.

5. Sloth says:

I know you wrote you like Ristru the most from K-on so that is reason enough to buy her. But since when did we start buying PVCs for their accessories? Ritsu herself is quite bland and you think the same. Spending that much money for a set of PVC drums don’t seem worth it to me.

BTW, would you like to exchange links? 🙂

Well, I’m buying for the package of course, the combination of drums and figure, but yes she isn’t the most outrageous in appearance. But I think the combination is nice, and the drums also make her stand out.

Hmm, I’m not really looking to add links to my site at the moment. Perhaps after I’ve re-thoughtout how they’re displayed. Currently they’ve got a nice symmetry at the bottom of my site.

6. Miette-chan says:

Man, when I saw Alter’s K-On! figures and couldn’t wait to see how Ritsu would look together with her drum set. Then I saw her and I didn’t particularly like her.

There is something that bothers me about her proportions, perhaps it has to do with Ritsu sitting.

Although if I got Ritus my OCB would kick in and make me get all 5 girls from Alter.

I’m alright having a single item in a set, but if I have multiple it becomes harder to not finish it. For example, I only have gekisou Haruhi, I didn’t get Yuki or Mikuru, I wanted Yuki but not enough.

I think Ritsu looks fine behind her drums. Do you think she’s too big or small?