On Order: Good Smile Company Sengoku Nadeko

Good Smile Company’s Sengoku Nadeko, so so pre-ordered. Like I could help it right?

It astonishes me how well Bakemonogatari is doing, it seems to defy the moé craze, it has so many puns and Japanese word associations that are hard to translate, it has walls of text, it seems to have a lot of the stuff many people wouldn’t like. Yet despite it, it’s incredibly successful and as far as I can tell didn’t have the merchandising hit the market till after the fact. Which to me indicates the producers didn’t think it would be the hit it is, and/or didn’t feel the need to hype it up. Now of course, after the fact, there’s an obvious demand and where there’s an empty space in a market there’s money to be made.  It occurs to me after writing that first sentence however, that the hard to translate puns and word associations really are only a foreign market problem. I guess the only true reason this series has done so well, beyond the fact that it’s quite good, is that the moé craze is pretty crap, there’s nothing of worth within it.

At any rate, Nadeko was an obvious pre-order, I don’t think there’s much to be said at this point. Will there be much to say when I receive her? Probably not, everyone else is so much faster! I will say just one little thing though in agreement with Ashlotte, baggy pants, that is all.

More Info.

1. Miette-chan says:

I’m still doubtful about this rendition of Nadeko it really looks like a good figure. It really seems like a figure I would love to buy. I just wonder how the leg swapping works and if it will have a visible seam line or if it was cleverly designed by GSC.

I suspect GSC’s chosen a place where the seam wont be as easily visible, such as the red belt as Fabiene mentions. I can’t imagine they’d do it poorly, it’s such an easy thing to manage in that area.

2. Fabienne says:

Mhh nice autumm colors,the base has nice details but somehow it looks strange to me.
    these two possible poses are also not my cup of tea,I would have prefered her with trousers =), the seperation point is probably beneath her red belt, I guess

3. rook says:

have her on order as well lol ^__^. Cant pass her, really….

4. Tier says:

Nadeko is very cute, I like this figure a lot. Though I could’ve done without the faux water effect; I like my figures to be whole, which is why I don’t much like busts or other figures and statues where the legs are chopped off. Admittedly, it doesn’t make much sense for her to be cradling those leaves in her blouse like that if she’s on dry land but still, I’m gonna display her with her legs intact.

I’ll likely display her with legs as well. It does seem odd to display her otherwise, somewhat unnatural even though walking on water is unnatural as well.

5. radiant says:

I had thought about ordering this one, because it really does look nice. The composition looks great too. But I’ve never been fond of figures with cut-off legs. While she has the option to display her with legs, the composition no longer looks as good, since those pillars sort of become too low.

I hear where you’re coming from. I have similar feelings but I think I’ll choose legs because it’s less unappealing than the composition being wrong. But who knows how I’ll feel when she arrives.

6. pilipok says:

Think i will pass on this..
    waiting for tsubasa to go with hitagi~

I can’t make a decision on this figure, it’s probably because I’m not on her story arc yet. I’ve only just begun the series so I’ve seen the crab and part of the snail. I’ll know by the end of the series if this figure is for me.

8. alucard13mm says:

lol shes still on my wish list @_@.. sigh* no money sucks