On Order: Max Factory Xecty Ein (Swimsuit Ver.)

Finishing off their Shining Wind Swimsuit line of figures, Max Factory has closed with their Xecty Ein pre-order. First there was Seena Kanon who’s wonderful pose drew me into the line, then Kureha Touka who didn’t quite live up to Seena’s first impressions, Calalaclan Philias who’s breasts were far too big for me to even order, and now Xecty.

Originally setting out to buy the whole set based off just Seena’s awesomeness I’m now faced with an incomplete set lacking Clalaclan as I didn’t like her in the slightest. When I look at it this way, I start to wonder if I really want Kureha and Xecty. I know that I want Seena, but Kureha and Xecty while pretty just don’t seem to have the same feel that Seena did. It’s not that I don’t like them, but they don’t pop out at me like Seena does. I wonder if I’d be better off not ordering this Xecty and finding her combat gear one instead.

It could just be I’m suffering from figure overload right now with all my running pre-orders and shipments. It’s really getting to be a bit much. My goal originally was just a couple of figures every so often, but over the past 2+ years I’ve worked my way up to an average of 2.7/mo. And strictly sticking with the past year alone, I’m at around one per week which works out great for a weekly blog like mine but is far beyond my original intentions.

Regardless however, I have ordered Xecty and she does look pretty great. I still don’t like the horn-like bit of hair at the front of her head, but I’m lovin’ those pointy elf ears. Her bum looks well sculpted as well. I am curious however just what that look she’s giving is, I can’t quite place it.

Xecty like the rest is of course a 1/7th scale figure, has an MSRP of ¥6,800 / $78 CAD, will be released in November of this year and was sculpted by Nanako.

1. radiant says:

Passed on this one. Have never been a big fan of swimsuit figures because they seemed to lack creativity and dynamic. Though I’m guessing that if one had a whole collection of them, it would look pretty impressive.

I am and I’m not. I have some sure, but generally they’re boring figures, there’s nothing interesting about them. As strange as it may be to say, see one hot girl, you’ve seen ’em all. In this respect it seems rather true, in reality not so much but we can ignore that as we all so often do I’m sure. But Seena stood out for me, and on that basis I thought I’d collect the whole set. But I feel somewhat let down with it.

I much prefer clothed figures, as they have much more detail, rolls of material, and shading, wind, imagination. Even skin tight suits like Asuka and Rei tend to be more imaginative than swimsuit figures.

The swimsuit figures I hate most though are the ones with the “Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polka Dot Bikini” except minus the yellow and polka dots and make the bikini smaller, so that it only covers what needs to be censored. They’re just not attractive at all, both in reality and fiction.

• radiant says:

I know what you mean. It’s so true too. Yet they keep pumping them out, and people keep buying them.

And you’re right about those unrealistically near naked bikini figures. It’s just too nonsensical. I equate it to sexually explicit figures too (including those figures actually having sex). I don’t understand the appeal, or how people can even display those without getting into some sort of trouble…

Personally, I view sexually explicit figures, nude figures that is, above figures with a bikini like that. Innocent nudity seems so much more acceptable to me than a near non-existent bikini. One is innocent, the other is overly obvious. I would definitely put them on par with sexually explicit figures that are crude, obviously not innocent in nature, or actually having sex.

2. soulstaker says:

I must be the only one in the entire internet that thinks Xecty and Kureha are more awesome than Seena.

Definitely. Seena is obviously the superior one, your preferences must be flawed 😛

I think I just feel Xecty and Kureha have rather boring poses and expressions. Where Seena seems the opposite, both playful and expressive. But it’s all really just a matter of opinion.

Awww, they didn’t go with the smirking silver-haired loli. Really now, it would’ve been perfect — we already have small, medium and large from this set, all that was left was the “barely there” entry.

I would have bought that over Clalaclan. Though I don’t think she’s really my thing either if I remember her right. But I’m all for flat chest over boobs bigger than my head.

4. Fabrice says:

Out of all 3 of them, Touka is my fav, mhmm :3
    its nice to be able to get the whole set.
    so expensive well for me…Kuso! D:

Clalaclan = ew so I wont have the whole set. Unless someone buys her for me and ships her to me.

5. I’m in the same boat, started out the collection due to Seena – she’s still my favourite out of this new set of beach figures. The others’ pose and expression seem pale in comparison. But I’m still going to collect them all, like the Alter K-ON! figures.

I just want a figure of Ritsu with drums. The rest I can safely ignore. Though the collector deep down inside might be a little angry, c’est la vie.