On Order: Max Factory Touka Kureha

Continuing with my plan to buy this whole set of figures I’ve ordered Max Factory’s Touka Kureha.

Max Factory releasing Seena first seems to have worked out well for them, at least with regards to my tastes. Seena had a great figure, nice breasts and a wonderful pose, so I made the decision that I would buy this whole set. Now Max Factory has released Kureha for order and while she appears to be well done she seems to lack the elegance of Seena and also against my taste, her breasts are quite large. Early in this game I’m already somewhat regretting my decision to buy all 4 figures, but really my only issue with Kureha is her breasts are too big, and I feel that’s a petty issue for an otherwise well done figure.

Kureha is sculpted by Nanako, who also did Seena’s sculpt work. Following with the set she’s 1/7th scale and measures in around 23 cm tall. Her MSRP is ¥6,800 / $73 CAD however as per usual, retailers have her for cheaper, AmiAmi has her for their seemingly usual discount of 19% off. Her expected release date is somewhat far off at September 2010, which surprises me because I thought these figures were all going to release a month apart from each other over the summer months. Perhaps I’d misunderstood.

More Info.

Comments

1. Fabrice says:

Its a shame im…broke =/
    she looks irrevistable.

2. soulstaker says:

Will order mine today too.

Somehow satisfied she’ll be released in september. July is killing me with too much expensive figures, so this will give some time to cool my wallet a bit.

I was hoping for August. I thought the 4 figure would be released over summer and early fall, not one in the summer and the rest in the fall. All months are working out to be too expensive….

3. Tier says:

A very petty issue indeed! I dunno if I’m getting Seena but I like how Kureha looks.

I figure if they list September as their release date, they really mean November.

I’m looking through the list of blog updates on Tsuki-board’s aggregator and it’s funny how you see the same picture of Kureha’s hips show up like a half dozen times.

I try to avoid the hips shots on the aggregtor. Switching over to this sort of title image fixed that up. Makes me stand out from the crowd when really I’m just the same.

Has Max Factory suffered the delays like the other companies?

• Tier says:

I dunno if they’re chronically late like Alter, but they were about a month late on Miku and transvestite Real Image Yoko got kicked back over and over. If Native counts as a Max Factory imprint – and I think they technically are – then Shoujo M’s been pushed back over four months from her original release date.

Didn’t realize the entire industry had issues with delays, I thought only the more ambitious companies were having issues.

Grats! She really is lovely. Although I’m sticking with the clothed MF version, BUT it would be awesome to see the clothed and bathing suit versions of Seena and Kureha altogther.

5. Ami says:

I don’t think her breasts are too big. Kureha is pretty well well-endowed. At least more then Seena anyway. The only thing I don’t really like about her is her expression. It’s blank. I wish she was smirking a little more. Max Factory should have made her more flirty. IDK… but I’m still getting her. Max Factory is planning to do Xecty and Clalaclan next. I’m interested to see what you’ll think of Clalaclan since she has bigger breasts than all of them. lol j/k! xD

I don’t think her breasts are too big for the character, but the characters breasts are too big for me. They’re nice but beyond my preferences. I do fear the Clalaclan figure though, I think I shouldn’t have convinced myself of completeness.

I think Xecty should turn out fine though I hope, I’m not really sure how large her breasts are but they should be comparable to Kureha or smaller I hope.

I don’t know how people manage to guess who the characters are off those tiny slivers of a picture they release.

6. […] Ein pre-order. First there was Seena Kanon who’s wonderful pose drew me into the line, then Kureha Touka who didn’t quite live up to Seena’s first impressions, Calalaclan Philias who’s […]