On Order: Alter Momohime

Momohime seems to be quite the popular figure at the moment. She looks unique and well made, and she’s by Alter so it’s no surprise she’s popular I guess.

Momohime appears to be from a Wii game called Muramasa: The Demon Blade. Not having the Wii I don’t have much of a chance to play this game, even if I wanted to. But that’s not really important, what’s important is that Momohime is attractive and unique in my collection. Or will be anyway. I have very few figures that have a real Japanese feel to them, and fewer that have a warrior feel.

In addition to being all of the above, Momohime was also ‘cheap’ or at least not expensive. Her MSRP is ¥8,190 / $92 CAD however AmiAmi has her for 18% off making her ¥6,250 / $70 CAD. I consider this ‘cheap’ now because manufacturers like Kotobukiya charge similar prices for inferior products! Momohime will of course be 1/8th scale, 21 cm tall, is sculpted by Noritaka Fukumoto and will be released in July. I think I do hope she’s delayed by one month though. I can’t remember how my orders are all separated anymore.

More Info.

1. Miette-chan says:

This figure came as a total surprise since I never saw her in the coverage for previous events.

Muramasa being one of my top 5 Wii games, Momohime being the protagonist I liked the most and made by Alter? I didn’t think twice about pre-ordering her.

When I first saw her I thought she was interesting but didn’t feel like I wanted to really buy her. But that interest built up for sure, and I pounced on her today.

So the game’s pretty good then I take it? Maybe I’ll have to find a friend who’s not using their Wii.

2. Leonia says:

Shad pre-ordered her too on AmiAmi because the price was great. Alter will made another great figure. I am waiting for his Mercedes ^^

Mercedes eh, I feel like her legs are too far apart in some shots. I look forward to yours or his review when he receives her. Curious to see how those legs work.

Like Leo said this and Mercedes are going to be my two big releases for the year I’d say.

And yea as you say surprisingly I have only two figures that really have that “Japan” feel to them…I guess its not as much of a novel thing for them to make as it is for us to collect. :p

Haha I never thought of it that way. Seems like such an obvious thought, but it never occured to me. Japanese feeling figures to Japanese people might be a bit, bland.

4. Oneandonlyjem says:

Man, I was super stoked to hear that this figure was announced. This game is just freaking awesome and to hear out of nowhere that she was going to get a figure release from ALTER no less, I think I went into ultra-geek breakdown.

If you have ever played Odin Sphere, you will definitely love Muramasa. ALTER has also given two characters from Odin Sphere a figure release (Gwendolyn & Mercedes).

Mercedes’ legs look a bit funky, but it’s completely accurate to the art style and her character depiction because she is a fairy princess, so her body proportions are a bit more stylized than the other female characters in that game.

Thanks for the clarification on Mercedes’ legs. I mostly felt they looked slightly too far apart at her thighs.

Never played Odin Sphere. But as far as Alter figures released go I prefer Mercedes over Gwendolyn I think.

5. Blowfish says:

Go steal your Friends Wii now!
    Play Muramasa! PLAY MURAMASA!

I had a geekgasmn when she was announced because its rare to see a great figure from one of your fav current Gen Games.
    Even if you arent a fan of 2D Brawlers its worth alone the awesome animation and backgrounds

She was an instant get for me 🙂