Upcoming: Fight Ippatsu! Jyuden-chan!! by Kotobukiya (Updated)

I’ve been slacking, I know. Every time I think I should write a post I end up being too lazy due to work or other things, and today is no different really. So instead of a review, I’m just going to point out a figure I noticed and want over on AmiAmi. I don’t really know much about the figure, or the series, all that I know is that I thought she was cute. I also thought that cord wasn’t her tail and was going somewhere else…

Anyway, mind out of the gutter, the figure is 1/7 scale (16.5 cm) and apparently will retail for ¥5,040 / $58 CAD before shipping costs, though AmiAmi claims 23% off on that price. I’m not sure if this figure is following in the recent trend of exclusives, but I do think the figure is based on a manga that’s receiving an anime OVA adaptation this month. Additionally looking at the pictures, it looks like the black clothing under her rather tight attire is removable.

I do wonder what that tail/cord is for… it looks like it connects to something.

Update (2009-06-12): Based on this image, it appears that Fight Ippatsu! Jyuden-chan!! is actually a TV series, not just an OVA.
Update (2009-06-13): Nekomagic has posted more information about this figure.  The figure is a re-release from August 2007. Also states a price of ¥4,800 / $55 CAD. Additionally, the series is by the same creator as Mahoromatic, Ditama Bow. This explains why the artwork displayed on Nekomagic reminded me of Mahoromatic.

1. Rico-sama says:

I saw this one browsing Kotobukiya’s site the other day, but I couldn’t make out any of the specifics on her. At least now I know the series she’s based on!

Color me intrigued with this one. I love the outfit and the face is cute. Though for some reason I vastly prefer the look of the figure with the black piece one. I think it’s more suggestive.

Pose is nice too, but are you sure that’s her tail?

But I totally thought it wasn’t… for a good while until I noticed it comes out her back, follows her bum cheeks and comes out between her legs.

I kind of think it may make more sense not to have the black piece on, because it’s such a tight suit!

• Rico-sama says:

Haha, I guess you are. At first glance it looked like it was part of the plug suit, but on second look I realized that there was nowhere for that cord to wind up.

Oh I never thought of that. I thought it had to be one of the following, a vibrator, a pervily places plug (Hand Maid May I think? USB plug?), or a tail. But it could well be just part of the suit.

I’m going to stick with tail though until I hear otherwise.

• GGT says:

Actually that “tail” is part of the insulator suit and it’s a ground wire. She needs to plug it to the ground when she “recharge” people. =]

Ah I see. We now have confirmation! Thanks GGT.

Not really knowing what the series was about I was making guesses. Thinking she was perhaps a little robot like in Angelic Layer or Hand Maid May. So I thought it would be a connector of sorts to her, not her suit. But given the connector type this makes a lot more sense.